Our client creates social music-making experiences for everyone, no talent required. They are a diverse bunch of musicians, techies, designers, engineers, and real-life rock stars who believe that everyone is inherently creative.
Based in the sunny and beautiful South of Market in San Francisco, California, the office boasts an open floor plan with lots of natural light, a jam session space with a grand piano, bass guitar, an electric guitar, a drum set, and much more. The neighborhood is located a few steps away from AT&T Ballpark with an abundance of restaurants, wine bars, art events, parks, and museums to satisfy your palate.
As an Android Engineer you'll be crafting our next generation, massively social, massively multiplayer musical creation experience. The applications are top performers in the Google Play store and in the news - the apps you help create will be enjoyed by millions. Our development cycle is rapid, iterative, and collaborative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop features and user experience for our native Android applications
- Implement awesome user interfaces that will be used by over 50 million active users
- Maintain and improve existing code
- Analyze bug and crash reports, fix problems, and optimize performance
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams such as iOS team, Audio/Video team, Platform team, and Operations team
- Work closely with Product and Project managers to ensure alignment of feature development and releases
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering with 2+ years experience with Android/Java
- Self-starter, strong sense of ownership, gets things done.
- Fun, positive attitude. Great communication skills and a healthy desire for collaboration.
- A knack for creating compelling UIs.
- Flexible, cross functional, outstanding learner. Ready, willing, and able to jump into any conquer and challenge at this crazy startup.