You'll be an architect. You’ll design a new Android library for application developers and writing technical specifications and documentations for developers that use the library. You’ll collaborate with other mobile developers and product team to establish design and code standards for the SDKs across the platforms.
Be a principal contributor. You’ll be responsible develop and maintain a new Android library for application developers. You'll prototype a new Android application that integrates the technologies. You'll collaborate with platform engineering to solve interface and data issues (e.g. API designs and performance optimizations).
Be a maverick. You'll seek to exploit any efficiency you can find to reduce the load on the client, and develop sophisticated approaches to maintain user privacy. You'll collaborate with product to figure out novel technical solutions that align business objectives with technical feasibility.
Be heads-down. Our team is structured to minimize context switching so you can focus on doing what you do best – writing clean code and increasing test coverage.
- The ability to balance code quality and speed to market. Been through a startup before? Perfect, you get this.
- Judicious testing. Unit tests, integration tests, smoke tests - they're all great. You understand which tests create the most value for the business.
- Team orientation. We champion and value each other. We believe that if you want to go fast, you go alone, but if you want to go far, you go with a team.
- Intellectual curiosity. Innovation doesn't happen without curiosity. We think abstractly and reinvent continuously. You should too.
- Minimum 4 years of professional programming experience
- Minimum 3 years of programming Android and some experience with SDK development
- Familiarity with agile (we're Kanban)
- Some familiarity with Kafka, Storm, ElasticSearch, Aerospike and AWS