Our client is looking for an Android Engineering Manager to help us build awesome Android apps that integrate with our services platform. The Android development manager for the Mobile Team will report to the Director of Mobile. The Mobile group is responsible for application architecture, development and innovation of new feature development to support consumer mobile solutions. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in Android design and development, with one or more apps in the Apple iTunes AppStore.
- Successfully lead a high-performing software engineering team; participate in code reviews, wireframe designs and proof of concepts.
- Coach and develop team members. Help set and fulfill the engineering hiring plan for the team, including sourcing, screening, and interviewing.
- Help set team goals and technical direction while ensuring that they align with the goals of the larger organization.
- Represent the team in planning, estimation and product meetings, effectively communicating the available features of the Android platform.
- Help implement effective engineering processes and policies that emphasize quality and forward progress.
- Work with QA team in analyzing and resolving production issues and defects.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years as a technical lead/Manager with deep understanding of Android UX and UI design paradigms, and ability to implement and design Android apps.
- 5+ years of broad knowledge of Objective-C, XCode, UIKit and Interface Builder.
- An Object Oriented philosopher with experience understanding and applying OO design patterns.
- Experience working with and tuning high volume mobile applications.
- Experience integrating with RESTful API backends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to effectively communicate across teams and roles.
- Ability to clearly write technical specifications and strong estimating and planning skills.
- Ability to deliver full life cycle engagements.
- Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, client-services, environment.
- This position involves regular walking, sitting, hearing, and talking.
- This position involves the use of a computer, mouse and telephone.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, agile, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver projects on time, with high quality, and within budget.
- Work Hours
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs.
- Up to 5% travel – Offices Onshore and Offshore, Conferences – up to 4 times a year.