Entry level position will be responsible for the day to day operational management and analysis of Renewable Energy facilities which may include Solar, Wind or Energy Storage. Duties will include owner interaction, contract management, report writing, analysis of renewable energy facilities, tracking the efficiency of operated assets, manage improvements, management of subcontractors, vendors and OEM’s, facility problem solving and available for on call emergency response.
Position may travel up to 20% to visit assets.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Manage day to day operation of renewable energy assets, which may include Wind, Solar and Energy Storage.
- Manage Owner relationship.
- Manage contractual obligations including Owners and Vendors.
- Coordinate with facility operators to plan for facility success.
- Fault finding and investigation into equipment failures and under performance of energy storage, solar or wind facilities.
- Write facility specific and departmental O&M plans and procedures.
- Familiar with OSHA, NFPA, and other industry groups.
- Produce operational reports for both internal and client(s).
- Rotating 24/7 on call response to address site operational issues.
- Assist facility manager as needed for on call support
- Provide technical supports to site operations.
- Create and use tools for reliability and performance analysis.
- Manage reliability improvement with site and service personnel.
- Maintain Operations and Management (O&M) cost trackers and model future O&M costs.
- Work with various teams to analyze expected vs. actual production data.
- Lead or follow safety and security procedures and determine appropriate action when needed.
- Report potentially unsafe conditions while protecting employees and equipment.
- Use materials and equipment properly
- Any other duties as assigned
- Experience with utility scale facility management
- Strong management background
- Field Electrical experience in utility grade facilities a plus
- Experience with Energy Storage a plus
- Intermediate usage of MS SQL, Strong Access, Excel, and Office suite skills
- Knowledge of PI or SQL desirable
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to represent comapny professionally in all aspects
- Ability to work effectively with other groups within business.
- Self-motivated and the ability to interface in a team environment
- Strong technical problem-solving skills
- Basic electrical (low voltage) and switching (high voltage) knowledge and skills a plus
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to reliably respond to operational issues on rotating 24/7 basis
- B.SC or comparable degree level education in mechanical engineering, or equivalent experience in another appropriate technical field is preferred and/or;
- 1-3 years+ experience within a Renewable Energy environment OR analytics of renewable energy assets (Wind, Solar, Energy Storage).
- Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an appropriate valid driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an acceptable driving record.