Backend Developer – 55k – Shoreditch – Java/Scala/Go
We’re looking for a talented backend developer with experience in complex databases and handling large transaction/data volumes. You’ll be responsible for developing across our existing & new products, building our backend data processing platform in Java. You’ll build out our API driven products, a multitude of web apps and mobile applications. They've moving to Microservices soon so there will be an opportunity to pick up functional programming languages; Go, Python or Scala.
- Strong team player, with a collaborative, self motivated, entrepreneurial and thoughtful style.
- Thrives with opportunities. Enjoy solving complex data & architecture problems in efficient ways.
- Results driven, with proactive use/exploration of new technologies and methodologies.
- Love working with a agile methodology and using Test Driven Development.
- Deep experience building a scalable backend platform serving a multidevice frontend.
- Expert developing, testing & debugging highuptime distributed systems in *nix environments.
- Expert with concurrency, multithreading, server architectures and distributed systems.
- Vast commercial experience developing web stacks in one of: Java / Scala / Go / Python / Django / Ruby. Happy for people to come from a Java background and be given the opportunity to learn Scala, Python or Go.
- 2+ years experience with databases: PostgreSQL / mySQL / Sybase.
- Exposure to NoSQL a plus or Big Data technologies and microservices
- Significant equity options, with favourable vesting terms for the right person.
- Equipment budget to spend on anything you need.
- Cool, light & open office, free coffee/tea/beer. Flexible options to work from home
- Flat structure, very open & transparent approach. Sense of endeavour, unlimited room to grow.