We are currently searching for an innovative Backend Software Engineer for our client in San Francisco.
Our partner is the next generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Their mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey.
Join a small, tight knit team where your voice matters. Work with a tech stack that is awesome to use (Java, Koltin, PostgresSQL, Kubernetes, gRPC, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ, Dagger, Swagger) in an environment of your choosing.
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Proficiency in Kotlin or Java
- Working knowledge of API design and microservices
- SQL knowledge (we use PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with Agile, CI/CD, DevOps
What you'll do:
You will be working on anything from working on core product features to developing infrastructure to interfacing with external partners. You will be deeply involved in the technical details of building highly available and reliable services, while also working with product teams to enable Step to rapidly build new capabilities for our customers.
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Be part of a high energy, fun, world class engineering team
- Contribute to the design, implementation and running of a high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production
- Prioritize maintainable code and test all the things
- Negotiable, plus bonuses, equity, and potential sign on too (DOE)