Our Client is building the next generation of payment products centered around brands, starting with radically transparent co-branded credit cards.
The Company They believe that consumers deserve better, simplicity and transparency are key, and brand-centered financial services are the future. They’re rethinking co-branded credit cards, rebuilding the legacy marketplace around the needs of brands and best interests of consumers.
The Founders (ex-Stanford CS / Data Science, ex-Lyft, ex-Visa, ex-Goldman) and is backed by top VCs including Greycroft and Clocktower Ventures, as well as founders of Plastiq, SeatGeek, Flatiron Health, and FiveStars.
As a backend engineer, you’ll be working in our backend payments stack to architect our core products: a mobile app for consumers and a web app for brands. You’ll also interface closely with key partners and customers to help architect and implement new products and features. Software engineering experience building complex systems is a must, enjoying getting into the weeds on complex financial products, processes, and regulation is a plus!
- At least two years work experience as a backend software engineer, building backend services and infrastructure
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different stakeholders and regulatory, financial, privacy, and security experts
- Demonstrated expertise working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Experience stitching many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Uphold best practices in engineering, security, and design
- Work with a wide range of systems, processes and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
- Build new features for internal and external users
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the many codebases and processes you will encounter
- Collaborate with teams across the company including product, design, and operations