Backend Engineer - Java / New York City / $180,000 + equity
Do you want to work with a company who is passionate about tech, and changing the industry?
One of the most up and coming startups in New York is seeking a Backend Engineer - Java to help with greenfield platform builds, implementing, integrating and collaborating across the full technology stack. The stack consists of components from Cloud APIs to custom hardware.
- Collaborate with other engineers to design and maintain APIs and service requirements.
- Collaborate with embedded engineers to design and maintain real-time services.
- Design, maintain, and improve cloud-based APIs
- Write and maintain high quality, stable, and easily testable code.
- Experience designing and writing low latency, distributed, and high volume services in a JVM language or C++.
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, system design, as well as implementing them.
- Minimum 5 years experience building Java backends
- Experience maintaining and debugging large-scale, distributed, services.
- Familiarity with orchestration services such as Puppet, Chef, or Ansible
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Python or Ruby
If you are interested in this role please apply directly to the Backend Engineer - Java role.
The salary can go up to $180,000 + equity for the right candidates.
This role cannot sponsor/transfer currently.