Our client are looking for a highly driven, product-oriented developer eager to join an early stage Medical tech startup.
Your foremost responsibility will be to develop the backend systems that power that encompassing the iOS app, for doctors, and our patient portal web app.
Most immediately, your responsibilities will be to support our existing microservice infrastructure with a specific focus on building robust API’s & enabling data collection through our universal health record. In the less immediate future, your role will entail architecture design to scale our backend systems, supporting our expanding number of clinics and growing user base.
A commitment to collaborative problem solving, user-centric design, and creating high-quality products is essential. Must be located in or willing to move to San Francisco or New York City.
What you’ll do:
* Work with the data science team to develop algorithms that provide predictive insights for doctors enabling them to make more
* informed decisions about their patients
* Work closely with the web and iOS frontend teams to build REST APIs that power the UI of each of our products
* Build tools that transform unstructured natural language conversations into automated conversations that can be deployed at scale
* Work closely with the engineering team to develop high quality code equipped with unit & integration tests, code reviews, architecture, design, and implementation
* Manage our CI/CD pipeline for deployments to every environment
* Collaborate with Head of Design & Head of Product to define product vision, roadmap & ship new features
* Establish direct relationships with our clinical staff to fully understand their needs and how they use our products
* Design, develop, test, and iterate on prototypes quickly
* You have an intense drive to achieve excellence, are creative, lean, and pay close attention to detail
* You are a self-starter and highly independent, but also seek-out a collaborative approach to problem-solving
* You love design-thinking and rapid prototyping
* You have experience with backend development (Node.js, RDBMS, APIs)
* Experience with NLP, websockets, AWS, HTML/CSS/JS, EHRs, HIPAA is a plus
* You thrive in working with interdisciplinary teams, aka you’re cool talking tech with non techies
* You’re passionate about women’s healthcare
About the company
* We’re a small, yet growing, team that moves fast and ships new products continuously.
* Working at means that you have an immediate impact on the product and thus real doctors and patients
* You have the opportunity to work with a team of best-in-class engineers who know how to run across their stack and architect beautiful solutions -- all while operating in a lean, start-up environment.
* We champion individual ownership, self-starters, and personal growth on and off the job
* Collaborative thinking is our mojo and you will have the opportunity to work across all functions of the business
* We’re a tight-knit team that focuses on celebrating each other’s wins, and improving one another through the losses