Intelletec has partnered with a Seed Stage Startup that is building software to improve the marketplace for building materials. We are seeking a Backend Software Engineer to join their growing team onsite in Redwood City, CA.
There are ~$1,000,000,000,000 of building materials bought every year in the US (a full 5% of US GDP is just transacting materials!), and the vast majority of these transactions happen over the phone or in-person and then live in 40-year-old point-of-sale (POS) systems. They are aiming to bring all these transactions online, thereby making it safer and more efficient to build.
About the role:
- You'll iterate on the entire software stack to ship exciting new features and fix bugs.
- You'll work closely with product & design stakeholders and talk to our clients to collectively define what we're building.
- You'll help us execute on those product requirements.
- You collaborate well cross-functionally, especially with designers and product managers
- You enjoy giving and receiving all types of feedback frequently.
- You have worked as a software engineer for 3-8+ years.
Icing on the cake if:
- You have worked as a software engineer for 2-5 years.
- You have worked in a fast-paced startup environment.
- You have written frontend software using React, Redux, and TypeScript.
- You have written backend software using Go and Postgres.
- You have familiarity with construction or building materials.
Benefits & Perks:
- You're excited to work in-person at our office in Redwood City. At this early stage, we're all friends and enjoy being together. Even more, we think there's a magic that happens brainstorming around a whiteboard that we've failed to find working remote.
- Base ranging from $160k - $210k + equity
- 100% covered health, dental, & vision insurance for you, 50% covered for dependents
- Lunch provided daily from local restaurants
- 401k, Commuter Benefits, Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office.