We are currently supporting our client in efforts to grow their Engineering team- they are a Series A start up who recently raised over $8M in funding and have huge growth plans for 2022!
Their mission is to build a connective tissue between the physical world of freight and the digital ecosystem used to manage it. They believe that advancements in smart infrastructure are critical to enabling a safer and more efficient future for logistics.
- As a Backend Infrastructure Engineer, you’ll work on the center of their data infrastructure to enable the next generation logistics platform. You’ll collaborate with edge, data, and frontend engineers.
- Build a scalable, performant and robust data infrastructure that enables data ingestion from edge devices, various data processing pipelines, and APIs for frontend data representation.
- 5+ years of experience in backend software or infrastructure engineering.
- Experience in python, bash, databases (SQL / Postgres / MySql / Redis / MongoDB), big data platforms (Hadoop / Spark / Kafka / Hive / Pig / Presto), cloud platforms (AWS / GCP / Azure), and API design.
- Experience building high-quality end-to-end data solutions in an agile environment from requirements to production.
- Expert level skills in data integration, data modeling and data architecture.
- Working knowledge of Big Data concepts in organizing both structured and unstructured data.
- Degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field, or equivalent experience.