BACKEND ENGINEER - 45M SERIES B FUNDED - PHYSICAL DATA COMPANY - REMOTE (US or Canada)
Salary: Up to 200-220k + Equity + Package
We are looking for a Backend Engineer to join our clients growing team. This will be the very first developer hire dedicated to owning a greenfield real-time backend system to power our new experience in spotlighting, serving and purchasing data at a fast growing, early-stage startup. You'll work extensively with a cross-functional team of marketing, growth, and web designers to build out user experience for next generation products.
- Have attention to detail and bias for action
- Are passionate about real-time big data architecture, care deeply about customer experience, looking to work in a fast-paced environment, focusing on hard problems where the solutions are often not predefined.
- You're autonomous, work well remotely, and a world-class communicator
- Minimum 3+ years of backend engineering work experience.
- Proficiency in writing production-quality code, preferably in Java, Scala or Python.
- Familiarity with all things building data products - schema design, modeling, optimization, scalability.
- Deep understand of real-time system, responsive API design, scalability and performance tuning.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience working with huge data sets.
- Deep understanding of Apache Spark and distributed data systems - that allows you to solve production-scale problems.
- Experience with open source development.
About the Company:
- Their goal is to be the dominant place to get any data on a physical Place.
- They sell their product - their datasets - to data scientists and machine learning engineers at companies of all sizes.
- They have demonstrated a measured approach to build a long term company, turning profitable in 2019 they have hired experienced leadership from the start and care deeply about democratizing access to data to everyone.
- Currently they have circa 70 employees and are growing quickly recently raising a $45 million Series B ($65 million raised to date), and the CEO previously launched a successful IPO.
- Awesome benefits, including health, dental & vision insurance coverage, a 401k, work-from-home stipend, mental health benefits, and much more