One of Europes fastest growing technology companies who are the leader in their field are looking to expand their technology team from 15 to 35 within the next year. My client have already raised Series B & due to a recent raise are looking to scale with approx x2 Software Engineers joining every month now really is a great time to be joining. You will join a team of 130 globally that has seen 150% growth for the last 3 years.
Due to the nature of my client's work, working across big data is at the core of the platform. They client are present are processing over 16Million searches per month.
Your role as a Big Data Engineer will consist of cleansing and optimizing incoming search data, to providing rapid insight to ensure the platform grows. Your role will work closely with the London & European teams.
- Contribute to the ongoing expansion of a big data search intelligence system
- Participate in planning and Scrum process with one of the functionally focused Pod teams
- Build within a test driven development environment to ensure production code is robust
- A minimum of 18 months working with Scala
- Experience with Spark, Hadoop or Impala will be considered a huge benefit
- Willingness to learn and use functional programming practices
- Focus on rapid development through iteration over long oversized projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment
- Self-starter who can own functional components
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Good teamwork skills
My client offer some of the UK's best perks along with Epic Christmas parties abroad for the last 3 years. Salaries are ranging from the £60,000-£80,000 range ( depending on experience)
To find out more please email firstname.lastname@example.org