$130-175k + equity
As a Deployment/Business Operations Strategist, you'll work as part of a driven and creative team of Engineers, Product Designers, and other Deployment Strategists to deploy software against the most challenging problems our world faces. Your mission is to synthesize disconnected streams of thought into a cohesive understanding of what the most important problem is, what the data means, what the product needs, what users are motivated by, and where the impact could be.
Deployment/ Business Operations Strategists are do-ers who immerse themselves in our customers' most intricate workflows, partner with customer teams and explore the data, and dive into the product landscape to enable us to scale. A select number of Deployments Strategists may also be deployed to internal teams and problems. In this role, the problems you'll tackle will require a curious and analytical mindset, a sharp intuition for product, and a strong degree of user empathy to ultimately empower our customers to make better decisions.
No two days are the same, but as a Deployment Strategist you can expect to:
- Go onsite and meet with customer analysts to understand the critical questions they need to answer and locate their biggest pain points.
- Identify relevant datasets through deep engagement with customer problems and workflows, and work with Forward Deployed Engineers to integrate the data into a stable and extensible pipeline.
- Work with the customer to build bespoke workflows for new user groups.
- Lead training sessions to ensure that the product is meeting user needs, and to ensure it is being used widely enough to have concrete impact on our partners' operations.
- Present the results of our work and proposals for future work to audiences ranging from analysts to C-suite executives.
- Embed with our Software Engineering and Product Design teams to incorporate what you saw in the field into cross-product offerings.
- Build and deliver demos to new and existing customers.
- Scope out potential engagements in new industries and in increasingly expanding locations around the world.
What We Value
- We value team members who aren’t satisfied with surface-level answers. We value the desire to dive into the details of the data because that’s the core of our work. And we value low ego because the outcome matters more than who gets the credit.
- Extraordinary ability to take on open-ended problems in unstructured environments.
- Adaptive and introspective; willing to learn, teach, lead and follow.
- Ability to travel 25 – 75% required. Varies by location and team.
- Experience with programming, scripting or statistical packages (e.g. Python, R, Matlab, SQL) is a plus