An Early Stage, Post Seed (II) funded startup, based in San Francisco, are looking for a CEO to join their Executive Team.
As an overview, the role will be focussed on leading the company through the next stage of growth as they look to scale and multiply the impact of their work. After identifying that Entrepreneurship is no longer a choice, but a movement of the next generation, the founders have begun to develop a marketplace for tomorrow’s entrepreneurs, providing them with access to vetted business mentors and skilled peer groups to gain actionable insights helping them grow their ventures. This is the only platform to facilitate real and rewarding relationships, using Artificial Intelligence to match today’s mentors with tomorrow’s entrepreneurs.
The platform will harness the educational learning power delivered by industry influencers with deep expertise to the next generation, who in turn provide influencers with the ability to expand their reach, differentiate their expertise and remove monetization friction.
The Role and the Roadmap
- The CEO will play a pivotal role in shaping the growth, strategy, and operations, specifically;
- Ensure the production-level solution for both mobile and desktop is delivered and continually evolves
- Enables the growth and addition of Entrepreneur and Mentor users, through scaling marketing and PR efforts
- Build support and success teams for Entrepreneurs and Mentors, and drive the evolution of analytics for the Mentors
- Drive monetization of the platform
- Position, structure and lead the Company through Series A round in 2020
Background and Experience
- Executive leadership experience, with a track record of success scaling organizations in the technology sector (Series A-C)
- Track record of scaling early-stage companies and leading funding rounds
- Critical thinking – Ability to translate the ambitious vision of the Client
- Ambitious (but not reductive) thinking – A leader who holds the bold and expansive vision who can lead an organization designed to Architect that change at scale.
- Strategic thinking – Demonstrated success developing a compelling strategic vision for improving outcomes, particularly for those that need it most, and leveraging technology to achieve that vision
- Strategic Leadership – Ability to communicate strategy internally and externally to investors and team
- Team Management – Proven experience building and managing teams
- Track record of leading a performance-based culture that motivates employees to excellence and promotes accountability; capable of recruiting, mentoring, and training
- Startup focussed
- Supportive, committed to mentoring others
- Collaborative and respectful
- Low ego
Expected Compensation Package
Market competitive salary + strong equity offering