Sr Cloud AI Engineer | Robotics | AI | San Francisco
We are partnered with a startup who are revolutionising consumer robotics using Artificial Intelligence. They have closed huge funding rounds from leading VCs and Angels and are growing the team across the board! Starting with you? You will help to discover new paths for the industry every day and be embedded into one of the most forward thinking teams in SF.
They are seeking a Senior Platform Engineer for the Cloud AI team. You will be responsible for building cloud services that give our robots much stronger capabilities in voice, image and general pattern recognition.
Your focus will be on designing microservices that give the robots features that significantly enhance their value and use, working alongside a team of Engineers tasked with deploying bleeding edge AI algorithms to work within one of the most advanced uses of AI in a consumer product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, implement, and expand mission critical and high-volume AI services running on a major cloud service
- Evaluate existing AI services from major cloud providers involving voice, NLP, and image recognition, or deploy your own networks using tools like Tensorflow or Caffe.
- Create and enhance robust test suites of your code, be passionate about the value of automated testing
- Support robust automation of development, deployment, operation, and investigation of services
- Work with business and technology stakeholders to obtain requirements, define projects, and own the delivery of those projects
- Work along with the platform team including DevOps engineers to maintain high reliability during peak use, have a passion for monitoring, logging, and systems
- Experience in machine learning or pattern recognition as applied to voice/speech, NLP/NLU, or image recognition.
- Strong experience with either C++, Go, or Python in a production environment
- 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Excellent developer familiarity with a major cloud platform such as Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure
- Experience creating horizontally scalable services
- Ability to prioritize and track multiple projects in parallel
- Passion for robotics and artificial intelligence
- Experience with speech/NLP/image recognition systems provided by Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Watson, or Azure/Bing.
- Experience with voice assistant technology such as Amazon’s Alexa, or Google Home Assistant, or Microsoft Cortana.
- Knowledge of deep-network tools such as TensorFlow or Caffe.
- Experience with cloud tools such as Amazon EC2/ECS/S3/Redshift, DynamoDB, or MySQL.
- Experience managing security, load testing, logging of cloud services
- Experience with Docker/containers