Our client are a Stealth mode Real Estate Technology company based in New York who are looking for a CTO.
You will join as employee number 3 and will be a key member of the executive team, framing and executing the tech strategy while being a profoundly active voice in the
strategic planning and decisionmaking process.
As the first engineering hire for the company, the CTO must be an eminently competent developer who is willing to “roll up the sleeves” and build the foundation for the platform whilst building out the engineering team at scale. Our client are willing to pay a premium for talent with
- longevity of experience,
- demonstrated competency in data science
- proven ability to recruit A-Players around them.
As the CTO grows the Engineering team over time, the role’s scope will become increasingly more “forest” than “trees”. The CTO will be responsible for working
directly with the Findigs Product Management Team to overcome the “X-Y Problem”, fostering deep connections between all Externally-Facing teams and the Engineering/Data and Analytics/Product teams.
- Outstanding Communication Ability: Can explain exactly what the business side needs are to an engineer and exactly what the engineering team is working on to an executive/sales rep, and enjoys doing so.
- Organizational Engineering Prowess: Possesses deep knowledge of how to connect the People with the Design - must be results-driven, comfortable with quantitative analysis of performance metrics, and excellent at synthesizing concepts that will make the Engineering team and the company at large better.
- Impeccable Coding Skills: Demonstrates a mastery of CS fundamentals,deep familiarity at least one high-level software development domain (ideally backend system architecture) and solid understanding of many others (ideally frontend web development). As overused and misleading as the term is, we’re looking for the most “full stack” engineer possible.
- Tenacious Bootstrap Mentality: Demonstrates a powerful drive to go the distance to get things done correctly. Even though this is a strategic management hire, the role will require some “hands-and-knees” work in the beginning, and the right person should be pumped about that.
- Insatiable Intellectual Hunger: Must be someone who has demon-strated a passion for solving problems, and desire to apply their deep technical knowledge to solve the kinds of problems that will drive our client forward. It should also be mentioned that this person should demonstrate confidence in taking active leadership of the strategic planning process.
- Strong Collaborative Disposition: Works with others constantly to find the best solution. Encourages participation in discussion rather than shutting down ideas. Leaves ownership and ego out of discussions high-level and low-level, technical and non-technical alike.
- Unwavering Passion for Data: Has at least some understanding of data science or has interacted/interfaced with/supported data scientists in a previous role, and loves thinking about the implications of how data can chage our industry; if an individual has more than surface-level experience in the domain of data science, we should consider reassessing our budget for the hire upward.
If open to hearing more please let me know