New York City
Our client are a Stealth mode Real Estate Technology company based in New York who are looking for a Lead Engineer to be the first Engineer to join.
Our client needs an Engineering Lead to deliver a rock-solid foundation for the product and identify others who can contribute effectively to that goal.
As the first engineering hire for the company, this hire must be an eminently competent developer who is willing to “roll up the sleeves” and execute alongside a hungry team. This developer must be so skilled in his/her domain as to command the respect of those in the software engineering community, lending a)
credibility to the ability of the Findigs team to source, recruit, and grow top talent and b) the asset of their opinion in fully vetting hiring candidates as a
“0-to-1” engineering hire.
If this hire fits the above criteria, they will be a key member of the Findigs founding team; the hire will have a great deal of mobility within the company depending on the presence of other competencies listed below.
Outcomes by Chronological Order
1. Solve rent payment logistics and custom marketplace product redeemability controls
2. Support efforts (by means of technical evaluation) to hire 2 world-class engineers by March 1, 2019
3. Ship v1.0 of Findigs platform for initial QA by May 15, 2019
Competencies by Descending Priority
1. Impeccable Coding Skills
Demonstrates mastery of CS fundamentals to a degree that is held in high regard by other elite members of the software engineering community. The ideal person is someone who can breeze through building web servers, databases, and software applications from scratch, can speak at length about the advantages disadvantages of different approaches to building sorting algorithms and the
1. low-level reasoning for their thinking, and has at least a year of experience in teambuilding - namely, we’re looking for an ability to suss out the veracity of another person’s technical abilities in a short span of time.
2. Uncanny Social Skillset Acutely self-aware and aware that, as a senior leader especially, every action impacts company culture. Can balance being a profound voice in strategic planning while adopting a more concise and accessible disposition for collaboration and mentorship. More than being an outstanding communicator, the ideal
candidate enjoys communicating and is supremely easy to communicate with.
3. “Whatever it Takes” Mentality Hungry to build a dynastic enterprise and won’t settle for anything less. The right person should be brimming with eagerness and excitement to lay the foundation and constantly willing to roll up the sleeves and write code to get the job done.
4. Exposure To “Must-Not-Fail” Environments The ideal person is not a stranger to environments where their work has in some way shouldered the burden of mission-critical systems. Understanding of fault-tolerant/redundant application design, network security, and data compliance (PCI, NACHA, PII standards, etc.), while not required, is a huge plus.
A significant package including up to 5% equity is on offer
If open to hearing more please let me know