My client is looking for a Customer Success Manager to ensure customers achieve their desired outcomes when using their software. The CS team is responsible for the renewal and expansion of existing customer accounts and training and onboarding, periodic business reviews, the collection of product feedback, and reactive support. The CSM will report to the Manager of Customer Success and is dedicated to a set of customers that comprise a book of business. You will be responsible for working hand in hand with sales to ensure a smooth transition from the sales process to the customer journey. You will also partner with their Medical Device Team, who serve as subject matter experts.
My client is looking for a candidate with a quota-carrying Customer Success background, preferably in the SaaS industry. Someone who is highly motivated with a “team player” attitude will be successful in this role.
- Host welcome calls with new customers to establish key milestones, set expectations, and uncover the customers’ desired outcomes.
- Work internally with sales to ensure a smooth handoff from the sales process to the customer journey.
- Coordinate customer training sessions to ensure the customer quickly sees the first value.
- Host periodic calls and quarterly business reviews (QBRs) to examine customer progress toward milestones, identify risk factors, and suggest areas of optimization and improvement
- Record customer feedback and product need and serve as an internal product advocate for the book of business.
- Consistently update customer health and notes in relevant systems.
- Identify and close opportunities for expansion and upsell and maintain a pipeline with an accurate forecast to grow the revenue from the existing book of business.
- Accurately manage and forecast churn, renewals, and upsells.
- Manage the renewal and upsell contracting process Embody the company’s core values of true quality, innovation, and fanatical support.
- Adhere to process and the usage of critical systems, like Salesforce and Gainsight.
- Work closely with Sales, Product, Marketing, and Finance to ensure an ideal customer experience.
- Be an agent of customer surprise and delight, going the extra mile to ensure true quality and fanatical support.
How we Measure Success in this Role:
- Net revenue retention and renewal rate across the relevant book of business
- Customer NPS for the book of business
- At least 2 years experience as a Customer Success Manager or Account Manager within a SaaS business
- Proven track record of consistently attaining or exceeding a renewal and/or expansion quota
- A highly organized and tenacious record-keeper who logs and maintains customer notes in relevant systems
- Great team player who can work well within the team and collaborate cross-functionally, especially in a remote environment
- Excellent writer and speaker who can communicate efficiently and effectively with customers and colleagues over Zoom video conference, in email, and eventually, in person
- A thought leader that is motivated to learn about and stay informed of a complex and ever-changing industry
- Ability to wear multiple hats and gracefully juggle varying customer needs and responsibilities
- Tech-savvy and comfortable toggling between various SaaS tools
- Proficient user of Zoom, Google suite, Slack, Gainsight, and/or Salesforce a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Co-workers who care deeply about their mission to spur medical device innovation
- Flexible hours
- Work from home options
- Unlimited PTO
- Health insurance (vision, medical, dental)
- 3 months paid maternity leave
- Disability insurance
- 401k (with company match)
- Compensation: Base salaries between $70k-$80k and OTE up to $90k