My VC-backed client is building a universal API for e-commerce platforms. Similar to the financial market before Plaid, the e-commerce market is split across hundreds of platforms, such as Shopify, Squarespace, Amazon, and others. Each of these platforms has its own app store or its equivalent, and the enterprising e-commerce developer must spend thousands of hours building integrations in order to access the entire e-commerce market. My clients integration layer will let any e-commerce tool build one integration to access any storefront or marketplace.
- Partner with their engineering and sales teams to ensure that customers exceed their goals, this includes onboarding customers and managing stakeholder meetings, business goal reviews, and general post-sale communications.
- Support expansion of your accounts – identify opportunities, drive business outcomes, ensure customers are successful in partnership with the sales and product teams.
- Own the entire customer post-sale journey (onboarding, training, building, activation, and renewal).
You'll help shape:
- Their future company culture
- Their success practices
- People that we hire
- The direction & focus of their products
Skills and experience:
- Experience managing a mid-market and/or enterprise portfolio concurrently totaling 1M or more in ARR
- 3+ years of customer success experience in B2B SaaS, bonus if you've worked on developer tools
- A track record of success in driving net dollar retention, expansions, renewals, and customer delight
- Direct experience working with developers and/or working knowledge of APIs and developer tools
- Prior knowledge of ecommerce tooling or experience working in the customer success role with ecommerce tooling companies
Where is it:
They are a remote-first company with people currently in NYC, LA, and SF.