DATA CENTER MANAGER
Intelletec is seeking a talented and highly motivated Data Center Manager to oversee our client's north and central New Jersey data center sites. The Systems Data Center team is responsible for the design, build, and coverage of firmwide critical infrastructure, including data centers, co-location facilities, and machine rooms. This is a hands-on management role and offers the opportunity to be part of an inclusive, collaborative, and engaging working environment.
A global investment and technology development firm that focuses on using advanced computer algorithms to identify and make investments in financial markets, among other activities.
At a high level, the firm uses complex mathematical models and data analysis to try and identify patterns and trends in financial markets that other investors may not have noticed. This allows them to make investments that they believe have a higher probability of success.
In addition to investing, the firm also engages in activities such as private equity, venture capital, and technology development. They use their expertise in advanced computing and data analysis to build software and technology that can be used to solve complex problems in various industries.
Overall, they are a sophisticated and highly successful investment and technology firm that uses advanced algorithms and data analysis to identify investment opportunities and solve complex problems.
WHAT YOU'LL DO DAY-TO-DAY:
You’ll be responsible for managing data center technicians and operations in our north and central New Jersey data center sites with occasional visits to other sites in the New York metro area. You’ll work on all areas of our data center operations to build, install, and troubleshoot servers, storage, networking equipment, and copper and fiber cables. Additional responsibilities will include identifying and implementing enhancements to processes and policies, monitoring and prioritizing daily workflow, managing data center site capacity, assisting in forecasting future site requirements, and vendor management. You’ll also oversee professional development, mentorship, and training within the data center team and build relationships with other groups to ensure successful partnerships across the data center and the wider firm.
- Hybrid: In office Tuesday - Thursday | Remote Monday & Friday
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Candidates should have 7 to 15 years of relevant experience managing teams and operations within a data center environment.
- Experience in data center design, troubleshooting, cabling, and data center infrastructure management (DCIM) is required, as is a willingness to be involved in projects around new data center buildouts, liquid cooling, power balancing, and remote site upgrades.
- Candidates should have well-developed written and verbal communication skills, along with keen attention to detail and problem-solving abilities, as the role requires identifying and resolving a variety of issues.
- Proven leadership, judgment, and organizational skills are also essential, as is prior experience with project management and vendor management.
- The position requires flexibility in working hours (some evenings and weekends), along with reliable transportation.
- Prior experience with financial services is a plus but is not required.