A trading start-up in Redwood City seeking a career-oriented individual to serve as a member of their software development team (Data), implementing, maintaining, and optimizing mission-critical systems using a combination of Java and Python in a Linux environment.
Their team of software engineers design and develop next generation trading systems using a wide array of technologies to solve complex computational problems in the areas of algorithmic trading, distributed high performance computing, big data, and more.
Join some of the best developers in the industry in one of the elite trading firms of our time, blending the fast pace and overall dynamics of a startup with the experience and stability of more than 20 years of consistent returns.
Responsibilities include the use of Java /python to design, develop and maintain new applications and to make significant enhancements to existing software.
- Proficient working with the Linux operating system.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of mathematics, computer science or related technical field.
- Programming experience in one of the following: Java and/or Python.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate with non-technical users.
- Proven ability to be a team player.
- Demonstrated project management skills including the ability to efficiently drive a project through to completion.
- Master’s degree in computer science or other related technical field.
- Experience with communications and real-time data acquisition, preferably in the context of securities trading or financial services.
- Experience with Big Data Solutions - Hadoop / Spark / Parquet