A Series C, New York City Based Fintech platform and online marketplace are looking for a Data Engineer to join a new team.
Their data capabilities and culture are still in early stages, so this is an awesome opportunity to build a data platform from the ground up, working alongside the new Principal Data Engineer.
You'll be a crucial member of the team as they define roadmap to normalize all of their transactional data, disparate systems, and transfer of data in way that creates a flexible and scalable data solution.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will be interested in utilizing data to make an impact on their customer experience and growth in addition to the ability to execute on those ideas.
- You will partner with various teams across the business to help extract meaningful analysis from the data we have collected.
- Write reports in SQL
- Design and build ETL pipelines
- Develop and maintain data products and infrastructure
- Compile data to show progress and guide high-level decision making
- Help to design data-driven experiments across the business
- Think outside the box and maintain a flexible approach to problem solving
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3+ years of Data modeling, ETL, and Data Warehousing experience
- Strong computer science fundamentals including data structures and algorithms
- Strong software engineering skills in any server side language (Python (favoured), Ruby, Java, etc.)
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SQL
- Experience with mpp databases (Redshift, Vertica, etc) or similar technologies (Presto, Spark, etc) is a plus
- Great communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Self-starter, thriving in a startup environment
- Experience with Agile software development methods