Data Engineering Lead
San Mateo, CA
Intelletec has partnered with the next generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. The mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey.
Well-funded Series A company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands.
Looking for the first Data Engineer to define how we collect and process customer data in a secure way. This is an opportunity to start as an individual contributor and help us build and lead the Data Engineering team. As the Data Engineer, you will build the data infrastructure starting with data pipelines for fraud analysis and business analytics. You are a self-starter who is comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams.
- Partner with various stakeholders within the business, understand their data and reporting requirements, and translate them into definitions and technical specifications
- Be responsible for defining, developing and optimizing curated datasets and schemas with standardized metrics and definitions across the company
- Develop, deploy and maintain ETL jobs and visualizations
- Troubleshoot technical issues with platforms, data discrepancies, alerts etc
- Perform ad hoc analysis, insight requests, and data extractions to resolve critical business issues
- 6+ years working experience in a successful data engineering or business intelligence team
- Expert knowledge in data modeling concepts and implementation
- Strong technical accomplishments in SQL, ETLs and data analysis
- Hands on experience in processing extremely large data sets.
- Strong business intuition and ability to understand complex business systems
What’s on offer
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Dog-friendly office
- Office right next to Caltrain