A (Series A) Fintech Data Startup, located in New York City are looking for a Manager for their Data Operations Team.
The Company have raised $21M in funding from one of the worlds best known investment banks for thier product, which focuses on building data pipelines for financial institutions through their secure scalable platform.
This role will be leading, and building, the operations support team (as a player coach) of currently 6 people, focusing on SLA driven data processing and delivery.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage operations support team, owning the on-boarding of new data pipelines
- Gather, measure and report on Data Availability SLA (daily and monthly) for processed data
- Adherence to ITSM processes including incident, problem and change
- Working closely with the Data Engineering and operations team.
- Establish relationships with Data Suppliers
- Build detailed knowledge of their datasets including schemas, SLAs, timelines, alerts and notifications
- Manage support escalations
- Management responsibilities including: recruiting, performance management, and planning
Skills and Experience
- 8+ years of experience in a support or operations role, preferably in a technology or financial services company
- 4+ years experience managing cross functional support teams
- ITSM proficient with strong documentation instincts
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment, such as GCP or AWS
- Working knowledge of Python
- Data skills: RDBMS SQL and NOSQL, structured and unstructured data
Salary and Benefits
- Market Competitive, with above standard bonus and benefits on offer