My client one of Los Angeles cutting edge Fintech companies are on the lookout for a Data Platform Engineer to design and implement core components of a data platform and scale it to serve millions of users across the world.
- You will be part of a data team of four currently within a wider engineering team of twenty. Your role as a Data Platform Engineer will be to work with both data science and analytics teams to ship scalable software solutions.
- Your work takes into consideration the holistic user experience from mobile to data science is driven loan decision.
- You value the craftsmanship of clean and efficient code as well as solving problems using the most appropriate technology.
- You will help set the standards and drive your teammates’ productivity.
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals ( YOU MUST HAVE A COMPUTER SCIENCE OR ENGINEERING DEGREE)
- 4+ years experience working on backend software using modern languages and frameworks (Java, Scala, Python)
- Strong database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Strong familiarity AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB)
- Experience with Hadoop data and underlying file systems (HDFS, HBase, Cassandra, Hive)
- Working knowledge in API development for mobile/web use
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Expert proficiency in Agile development process
- Advanced degree in Computer Science and/or Math
- Excellent ability to prioritize and communication in a fast pace environment
- Bonus: Experience in predictive analysis and machine learning
A salary of $160,000-$180,000 range plus healthy equity are on offer. To find out more please email email@example.com