Our Client is developing a mass-scale, visual AI mobile & web applications for hundreds of millions of users.
They have an opening for a talented & high-impact data engineer with excellent systems software skills, and an interest in data and systems automation, to build powerful platforms for real time data processing, analytics, data science, neural network training, and ground truth evaluation.
As data platform engineer you will design & implement reliable and high-performance data pipelines and services for key applications. Responsibilities include:
- Design & develop reliable, high-performance, cloud-based data pipelines and services.
- Compute & deliver real-time metrics & analytics.
- Develop sophisticated automated regression test frameworks to evaluate algorithms vs. ground truth data.
- Deliver training data at scale for neural networks.
- Power audience tracking and recommendation engines.
- Excellent hands-on Python software engineering skills in Linux environments.
- Strong Computer Science foundations.
- Substantial experience with networking and distributed systems.
- Track record of success engineering non-trivial networked data systems.
- Solid experience using Docker in cloud-based distributed compute platforms.
- Solid experience developing systems software in fast-moving CICD environments.
- Solid understanding of SQL database theory & practice
- BONUS: Experience with NoSQL & real-time databases
- BONUS: Experience computing and visualizing live metrics.
- BONUS: Experience developing ground truth regression/evaluation infrastructure.
- Creative, entrepreneurial, engineering mindset.
- Join a mission-driven R&D lab, developing compelling experiences for hundreds of millions of users.
- Opportunity to work hand-in-hand with a dynamic and creative team of scientists, engineers and design professionals.
- Develop world-class data platforms for state-of-the art AI applications.
- Headquartered in downtown Mountain View, California --- an easy walk from restaurants, coffee shops, the Stevens Creek Trail, and Caltrain commuter rail.