Data Science Modernizer – Commercial
An opportunity to work at the intersection between data science and business.
- Founded only a few years ago, this firm has already disrupted an area of healthcare with a $1B+ IPO and multibillion dollar valuation
- Rather than a focused advanced analytics lab or CoE, rather, the strategy is to embed analytical innovators into the various business units where they can better align with business goals
- These individual modernizers work directly with the function head (EG: Head of Finance, Commercial, Accounting, Marketing, Digital, Business Ops) and where there is an analytical / technology solution at hand, then they will lead the roadmap and analytics for actionable business insight.
- The Modernizer team is currently at circa 15 with a view to growing to 50+ in the next year or so
- Collaborate with the other members of the business unit
- Understand operational workflows and processes
- Think creatively to identify opportunities for digital innovation
- Evaluate externally developed technology solutions
- Improve data capture and use
- Communicate new ideas and methods to broader team
- Increase efficiency through both tactical and strategic technology implementations
- Self-starting motivation and entrepreneurial spirit and a go-getter!
- MSc or PhD degree preferred n STEM fields such as Computer Science, Machine Learning, Applied Statistics, Operations Research, Systems Engineering, Econometrics, Mathematics
- Ability to apply statistical and quantitative methods such as Machine Learning using Python or R
- Ability to explain complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Strong programming skills, Project management skills
- Experience in applying data science methods to business problems
- Strong logical, analytical, presentation and communication skills