A fast growing Fintech company based in San Francisco are looking for a Data Scientist to take part in building solutions using advanced analytics and statistical modeling techniques.
My client are a Series A funded company who's investors has built an exceptional record of backing fintech companies including SoFi, LendingHome and Motif Investing.
As a Data Scientist, you will work to recognize patterns and integrate your solutions and techniques into our products and our processes. You will have a high degree of authority and autonomy, manage multiple high-priority tasks in a timely manner, and collaborate across the business. You will need to be innovative, detail-oriented, team-focused, strategic and effective in new and changing environments.
- Leverage external data sources to support customer acquisition and retention efforts
- Track behavioural and demographic trends across customer segments to grow our member base
- Utilize natural language processing algorithms to create insights from raw data
- Develop deep learning and other suitable machine learning models to predict insights from conversational data
- Apply data mining and machine learning techniques to large structured and unstructured datasets
- Partner with various business functions (sales, marketing, commercial real estate, etc.) to formulate and define challenges, solve problems, and identify opportunities
- Masters or PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, Physical Sciences, Economics or a related technical field
- 3+ years industry experience in data-science or analytics
- Experience in working with data technologies such as Spark, Mahout, MongoDB, etc.
- Advanced skills in R, Java, Scala
- Deep understanding of ML techniques such as: classification, clustering, deep learning, optimization methods, supervised and unsupervised technique
- Experience with performing data analysis using Python (numpy, pandas, etc.)
- Advanced data manipulation skills (SQL, NoSQL, Fuzzy matching, Web Scraping, Text Mining)
- An entrepreneurial spirit as well as passion for solving difficult challenges through innovation and creativity, with a strong focus on results
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team
- Eager to produce results and drive forward progress while managing deadlines
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S
- Early equity in a startup that is revolutionizing the Fintech Market
- Competitive package of base pay and stock options
- Generous health, dental and vision coverage for employees and family members, along with commuter pre-tax program
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Freedom to stretch the boundaries of your past work experience, learn skills outside of your immediate job description and grow your career
- Autonomy, flexibility and a flat corporate structure