Intelletec has teamed up with a fast-growing Fintech company in the Bay Area company seeking a Data Scientist to join their team. We are looking for a Data Scientist that will help our client discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help them make smarter decisions to deliver even better products.
About the company:
A fast-growing company that's changing the way enterprise companies market to consumers. They have a SaaS platform with real revenue from enterprise customers.
About the Role:
As a key member of the Data team, you’ll get in on the ground floor and help architect a brand-new platform powered by the latest big data technologies. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction systems integrated with their products.You’ll own your work and create far-reaching impact!This isn’t an environment where you can go through the motions, it’s a place where you can make a difference, personally and professionally.You will have a broad impact and true ownership.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third-party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
4+ years of Data Science experience
BS in computer science or equivalent experience
General understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab
Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL
Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
Good scripting and programming skills
My client is looking to offer a base salary of up to $200,000k + Benefits, & Equity.