A fast-growing AI startup in San Francisco is looking for a data scientist to join a growing 20 person team.
Our client have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, The Economist, Bloomberg, Recode, CNBC, The Information, BBC, Harvard Business Review and countless other publications.
With clients that represent more than $1 trillion in market cap and AUM. The current team are mostly senior engineers and data scientists from Oxford, Columbia, Yale, MIT, UPenn, UChicago, Brown, Stanford, Berkeley, and similar. 15 of us are technical, and 8 have PhDs.
As a Data Scientist, you will work on a multi-disciplinary team to process, analyze, and leverage the massive behavioural datasets that power their business.
The role will:
- Evaluate a GB-, TB-, or PB-scale dataset from first principles
- Discover a new bias, measure its impact, then develop a method of correction
- Perform novel research on consumer behaviour
- You have a PhD in a quantitative discipline and/or years of experience as a data scientist
- You have deep expertise in applied statistics and/or machine learning
- You’re proficient in Python, R and/or SQL
- Expertise in panel data, behavioural analysis, text processing, geolocation, and/or time series analysis
- Experience in large-scale, data-rich environments
- Spark, Jupyter, Redshift/Hive, Athena/Presto, GPUs/TPUs, deep learning
Our client has a base of up to $200,000 on offer plus stock