An e-commerce company in San Francisco is seeking a Data Scientist to join their Data & Intelligence team.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Design and implement scalable algorithms and models
- Use data mining, algorithm creation/testing, and machine learning to design and develop recommendation engines and other data products which drive conversions, increase average order value, and repeat purchases.
- Work cross-functionally with engineers and marketing managers
- Ph.D. or M.S. in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Operations Research, Statistics, Econometrics or Mathematics
- 2+ Years of experience in research or Data Science
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling
- Experience in: predictive modeling, cluster analysis, time series analysis, pricing, optimal stopping algorithms, portfolio analysis
- Can code proficiently in Python
- Big Data work in Hadoop, Scala, Spark