A company founded by Artificial Intelligence visionaries and Machine Learning experts in 2013 are looking for a Data Scientist to join their fast-growing team in New York City.
This role is a junior position and requires no commercial experience.However, applicants must have a completed PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Data Science, or another quantitative field in order to be considered.
About the company
- Offices in New York (approx 30 people), London, Singapore, and Israel
- Product so groundbreaking it has been referred to as "science fiction" on multiple occasions
- Their product is a software that considers billions of possible hypotheses at scale. It's able to scan massive amounts of data and sifts it through a range of clarifiers – equations, definitions sentiments, locations – to build the best predictive model with a measurable business goal in mind. As the data changes the model adapts using adaptive machine learning algorithms
- Solve various problems and make a true impact across unlimited domains and industries (Financial Risk, Health, E-commerce, Marketing, Oil & Gas Exploration etc.)
- Translate complex data into meaningful insights
- Partner with their customers’ Data Science teams, helping them optimize their use of the platform
- PhD in Statistics, Computer Science or other quantitative field
- Programming skills (Python, SQL, Scala, Java)
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience with large datasets and distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with statistical tools or packages (R / RapidMiner / Scikit)
Salary is very competitive - paying up to 120k + bonus + benefits + all that good stuff