We are working with a leading online marketplace for insurance shopping in the USA as they look to add a Data Scientist to their growing team.
You will be instrumental in delivering and deploying artificial intelligence and machine learning models that drive ong term success for the company.
What you’ll do:
Work with a cross-functional team to convert business problems into scalable solutions using your knowledge of mathematics, statistics, and machine learning. You will be joining a team of talented and collaborative data scientists and machine learning engineers eager to grow our business and deliver measurable results. You will establish yourself as a technical leader and a valued team member as our team continues to grow.
● 3+ years of professional experience as a data scientist including experience developing and releasing predictive models to production
● Ability to explain results to technical and non-technical teammates leveraging your communication skills and data visualization
● Demonstrated performance in building machine learning models using standard tools, such as scikit-learn or R, to drive business improvements
● Advanced knowledge of applied mathematics and statistics and their common applications in online businesses
● Experience with or strong interest in understanding and optimizing online auctions for both bidders and sellers
● Experience with or strong interest in optimization using reinforcement learning and contextual multi-armed bandits
● Strong skills in statistical and scientific programming in Python or R, fluent in SQL, proficient with Jupyter notebooks
● Experience with packaging your code for deployment and reusability
● Passionate about sharing knowledge and mentoring teammates, and communicating designs to technical and non-technical stakeholders
● Keen sense about data science technologies, stay on top of industry trends and actively help the team to expand the tech stack
● Entrepreneurial mindset, want to grow a business, and love working with an Agile team
● Thrive in a fast-paced work environment where everyday contributions have a big impact
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical field such as mathematics, statistics, computer science or economics; Master’s degree or PhD in a relevant field preferred
- Great compensation package (which also would include RSUs)
- Fully remote
- Excellent team culturue
- Opportunity to see a direct impact to the product based on your efforts
- Ability to present ideas to executive leadership directly and be granted capital to purse them