This company is putting deep energy storage expertise, proven project execution capability, and significant capital to work to help make the energy transition a reality. A fleet of assets in operation or construction includes the largest energy storage fleet in Texas and one of the largest development pipelines in the country – totaling over 11,000 megawatts. The company is looking to hire a key hire to manage project development activities in select markets in the U.S. Responsibilities will include land acquisition and permitting, advancing conceptual design, planning, interconnection, and supporting construction and project execution. The ideal candidate will apply ‘best-in-class’ principles and processes to advance the company's platform and value proposition.
- Secure leading portfolio of development positions in desired markets, starting with initial desktop screening and land acquisition
- Develop individual project development plans, schedules, risk assessments, milestones and deadlines to ensure projects are on track through all phases
- Create and manage project budgets (development, construction, and operation) and implement and manage payment schedules
- Manage Public Outreach by - Identify and develop relationships with key stakeholders – landowners, government officials, counterparties, environmental, market and technical experts
- Lead internal and external teams to advance permitting, interconnection and engineering activities to bring project to NTP
- In collaboration with internal and external teams, master the evolving market, transmission, regulatory and competitive dynamics in target markets
- Outline and manage project due diligence for commercial and M&A activities
- Support internal investment approval process and prepare board materials for approval
They are looking for individuals that can supplement core development experience with capabilities in one or more of the following disciplines: commercial transactions, financial analysis, legal support or construction management. Secondary responsibilities will be tailored to individual candidate backgrounds as well as company priorities.
- 3+ years of experience in energy project development
- Experience building and leading internal and external teams to successfully deliver complex development projects
- Comfortable with ambiguity and making business decisions with limited information
- Eager to wear multiple hats depending on business need and project priorities
- High comfort level with small teams & organizations, with the curiosity and enthusiasm to innovate and formulate new ideas and to bring the best out of co-workers.
- Eager to take ownership and initiative in order to be to be effective within a highly motivated, fast-moving team.
- (Preferred) Familiarity with energy storage technologies and deployments