A Pre IPO leading AI and Data Science Platform is looking for Customer Facing Data Scientists (pre-sales);
Their Pre-sales Data Science team consists of applied data scientists, passionate about using machine learning to achieve real-world results. As part of the Pre-sales Data Science team, you will collaborate closely with their customers and bring expertise in data science and their platform to help customers achieve their organization’s objectives with AI. You’ll work with clients in a range of industries on diverse use cases, and with both business (executive, line of business) and technical (data science, engineering, analytics) stakeholders.
Who are they looking for:
- Sales Engineer with a DevOps background who have an interest in Data Science
- DevOps Engineer with consultant experience who have an interest in Data Science, who wants to move into a Sales Roles
- In the pre-sales process, represent their product to various personas across the customer organizations spanning from data scientists to C-level executives.
- Lead product demonstrations, align to the vision of the customers’ goals, lead the Proof Of Value process, and quantify the business impact of the company
- Influence our customers through thought leadership by translating complex technical terms / processes into business outcomes / value-based messaging
- Act as a trusted advisor on AI across the customer lifecycle; build champions by enabling customers to solve complex data science problems – including problem framing, data preparation, scripting, model building, model deployment, model management, and output consumption
- Work in tight partnership with the Sales team as well as our Success and Field Engineering teams to ultimately support our customers achieving their goals.
- Act internally as the voice of the customer to the Product, Engineering, and Marketing
- Present at conferences and/or help create other marketing content
- 4+ years of experience either in a PreSales role (and with a motivation to learn Data Science) or in Data Science/predictive modeling. Strong candidates with 2+ years as a PreSales Data Scientist will also be considered.
- 2+ years of experience in customer facing role
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a quantitative subject
- Hands-on experience building and implementing machine learning or AI models
- Experience collaborating with business stakeholders to ensure that machine learning solutions deliver successfully on business outcomes
- Strong customer interaction, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
- Excellent project management and organizational abilities
- Familiarity with a variety of technical tools for the manipulation of data
- Regional travel may be required
- Advanced degree
- Familiarity with consultative sales process in the data / analytics marketplace
- Familiarity with data platform technology integrations
- Experience dealing with complex customer organizations
- Fluency with scripting in Python or R (preferably both)
- $155-1850k + 20% bonus + Pre-IPO equity (quarterly bonuses & equity payout)
- Fully remote role
- 20% of LOCAL travel (post-covid)