Our longtime client is a hugely profitable startup with the market-leading productivity and note-taking application suite.
Combine handwriting, photos, and typing in a single note to bring your projects to life. Use a wide range of note-taking and sketching tools to capture every detail. You can even add and annotate PDFs in the app! It’s the perfect place to create and organize work, school, and anything you find interesting.
We are currently looking for our first engineer that will be completely dedicated to security. This is a high impact role that will be responsible for building and maintaining cutting edge best practices and performing regular audits of server access. You will be working closely with the Backend team to professionalize the backend and provide the highest security across both of our premier products used by millions of people daily.
- Help review existing infrastructure and app code with an eye towards improving security
- Automating manual tasks and improving/maintaining already existing scripts
- Responsible for CI/CD pipeline
- Create and maintain monitoring/alerting for applications
- Experience with GCP (or any comparable cloud provider like AWS or Azure)
- Experience with complex CI/CD systems
- Knowledge of application security best practices
- Knowledge of container security
- Experience programming, with a focus on automating manual tasks
How we work
Each member of our team contributes to all parts of our products. We trust each other to make decisions independently while also considering our common goals and values. We share ideas openly, and we collaborate across disciplines to ensure that our decisions make sense from all perspectives.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of cryptography
- Deep knowledge of Postgres
When We Work
We keep work and life balanced. We set our schedules based on our excitement to solve a problem, and we trust each other to get things done. We work from home when it will help, and we have an “as long as you get your work done” vacation policy.
Where we Work/ Remote Work
We work in downtown SF near Market Street, just a short walk from two BART/Muni stations. Our open-plan office has height-adjustable desks to help us stay limber, a trio of rooms for small group meetings or individual work, and a shuffleboard table to help us stay coordinated (or to enjoy during happy hour :).
- We are open to full-time remote employees who reside in the U.S.
- Competitive compensation in form of base salary, bonuses and profit sharing
- Comprehensive healthcare fully covered for you and your family
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- 401k with matching contributions
- Matching gifts to non-profits
- Public transit reimbursement
- Home workstation reimbursement
- ISP reimbursement
- Monthly phone bill reimbursement