A Director of Data Science is being sought by a New York City based start-up.
Founded in 2013, they have built a Research Engine at the forefront of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence which is now being used by Fortune 500 companies in the Finance, e-Commerce, Internet and Healthcare industries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead and Manage a team of data scientistsRemain very hands-on with Machine Learning techniques, distributed computing (Hive, Spark, Hadoop) and programming (Python, SQL, Scala, Java)
- Work cross-funtionally with internal global teams including R&D, Operations, and Business Development
- Ph.D in mathematics, computer science, statistics or a related field
- Management experience in managing Machine Learning/Data Science teams
- Hands-on experience as a Principal/Lead Data Scientist within the last 2-3 years
This position is paying between 200-250k depending on experience.