A Series B ($70m+ funded) digital asset Fintech based in Palo Alto is looking for a Director of Accounting.
The company was founded in late 2012 and acts as one of the leading processors of Bitcoin transactions in the world. They are backed by Craft Ventures, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
The role of the Director will focus on overseeing and managing the accounting functions team and developing the accounting technology and skills of the team.
In more detail:
Role and Responsibilities
- Lead the accounting organization
- Work to ensure the compliance ops is in place, and drive process improvement across the function
- Review, improve and continue to define internal systems, including internal controls and policies and procedures.
- Preparation of financial reports, analysis, and risk
- Full ownership of month, quarter and year-end close, including reporting of results
- Compliance with local, state and federal regulations
Skills and Experience Required
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Track record of leading, and overseeing an accounting department
- Payroll, AP, AR and Compliance experience
- Experience working to tight deadlines, and delivering accurate on-time reporting
- Technology or financial services experience is preferred
- Proficient with MS Office and accounting systems (Quickbooks, Netsuite, ADP, Salesforce, Google Suite, etc.)
- Up-to-date on local, state and federal regulations on taxes and reporting
- BS in Accounting, Finance or similar field
- CPA desired
Market Competitive, c$180k, plus bonus and equity