The small team of seven is led by seasoned professionals with deep experience in all facets of the energy industry. They bring diverse skillsets around building businesses, trading, asset management, origination/structuring, development, M+A, and data science.
Global commodity trading company that specializes in trading physical and financial commodities. They offer services such as trading, logistics, storage, and risk management while overseeing 1.5 GW.
They work with a variety of commodities, including grains, oilseeds, dairy, dairy products, proteins, feed ingredients, and energy. They have a strong presence in the US, Europe, and Asia, and have a network of offices and partners in more than 40 countries. They focus on providing clients with a tailored solution to their commodity needs, including risk management, hedging, and market analysis.
The Director of Algorithmic Trading will be part of the Battery Storage Team reporting to the CEO. They will be responsible for developing, managing and executing automated trading strategies to maximize returns for the company.
• Develop and implement automated trading strategies to identify and capitalize on market inefficiencies
• Monitor and adjust trading strategies in real time in order to maximize returns
• Analyze and evaluate risk associated with trading strategies and ensure compliance with applicable regulations
• Facilitate communication between traders, software developers, and other stakeholders
• Develop data-driven quantitative models to improve trading performance
• 5+ years of relevant experience in algorithmic trading
• Experience in developing automated trading strategies and systems
• Demonstrated understanding of market microstructure, financial instruments, and risk management
• Proficiency in programming languages such as Python