- Build and maintain a first class RF hardware and communications systems engineering team. Perform hands-on recruiting and mentoring of engineering talent.
- Create and execute a RF technical roadmap for low cost and reliable launch vehicle, spacecraft, and Mars applications.
- Shape the process for RF development, analysis, and tools to maintain on-time, high quality engineering results.
- Work with production teams to develop manufacturable wireless systems and hardware.
- Oversee the sustaining engineering and improvement of current RF products.
- Ensure projects are staffed and schedules are maintained. Report project status to peers and upper management regularly.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering with at least 10 years of experience in RF hardware development and communications systems analysis.
- At least 5 years of experience in engineering management and leadership experience including engineering talent recruiting and mentoring.
- At least 2 years of experience with modulation schemes, modems, and multiple access methods and developing a basic RF link budget from scratch.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D. in Engineering.
- Experience using DSP fundamentals including IIR filters
- Experience working with antenna types, analysis and design.
- Experience working with LNAs and RF Power Amplifiers.
- Able to design PLLs, synthesizers, up converters, and down converters
- Experience with EMC testing and design principles.
- Knowledge of space communication systems such as TDRSS and Deep Space Network.
- Experience with RF regulatory procedures and agencies.
- Experience with environmental testing including random vibration, shock, and thermal vacuum.
- Understanding of space electronics radiation effects and mitigations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.