My client are a Series B Startup ($20M +) looking for a Director of Data Engineering to lead the Data team as they continue to expand.
The company are a team of 80 split over two offices & having raised $30 million recently they are looking to continue their growth. Joining as a Director of Data you’ll get in on the ground floor and help architect a brand-new platform powered by the latest big data (Apache Spark, Scala) and web technologies (React / Node). You’ll own your work and create far-reaching impact.
- Agile, outspoken, passionate experts who hunger for a challenge, share a commitment to reaching the highest level of success and helping others do the same
- Production experience with Apache Spark, Scala is essential (At least three years commercial)
- Experience using any related technologies moving “big data” through a real-time analytics and ingestion pipeline
- Firm grasp of data science principles: basic (basic data cleansing, regressions, bayesian, model logic selection, basic gradient descent) and advanced (clustering - beyond “just k-means,” deeper machine learning, NLP, advanced algorithms).
- Production experience with scale, clustering, concurrency, JVM memory model
What's on offer:
- True ownership over your work: you’re empowered in your impact, and they won’t cripple you with micromanagement
- Above-market compensation: cash, equity, and a generous bonus structure
- Competitive benefits: top-of-the-line equipment, stimulating office space, catering, 401K, and quality medical/dental/vision care
- Salary of up to $250k base (depending on experience) on offer.
To find out more, please get in touch on email@example.com