Very Competitive (TBD depending on candidate)
Director of Data Science
Intelletec has teamed up with one of the US's Leading Healthcare firms going through a massive transformation and are looking for a Director of Data Science to join the leadership for their NYC or Massachusetts office.
• Work at the new Soho HQ of a top 5 leading Healthcare firm with a market leading package
• Have actionable impact at the intersection of data science and business strategy with input across product & B2B initiatives
• Join a huge business going through a $80 Billion-dollar merger yet with the opportunities akin to a hypergrowth startup
The Director of Data Science will join the newly formed Clinical Products team and will be responsible for two main tasks: project execution and organizational development.
Project Execution - Responsible for: understanding our clients (internal and external) technical / data science needs, working with the business partners to form a vision to address those needs, and, driving the day-to-day technical execution on that plan across multiple projects.
Organization Development - responsible for hiring and staff development, creating a culture of feedback and reviews, and, ensuring that the data science team receives professional mentorship and continuing education.
Culturally, because we are a new team, we are looking for candidates who embrace the explorer mindset of asking questions, iterating quickly, being comfortable pivoting intelligently, and moving fast.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Oversees the technical portions of analytics for two or more product distinct areas with multiple teams
• Inspires and enables individual contributors to build and execute quickly
• Provides technical vision for the data science team
• Leads the development of the data science organization within Clinical Products
• Is interested in or already has a background in clinical analytics
• Demonstrates superior communication skills, and ability to develop and participate in presentations and consultations to business stakeholders on analytics results and solutions
• Supports deployment of insights across multiple channels, i.e., web, mobile app, email, social, call center, Apple watch
• Motivates team members and probes into technical detail
• 12+ years total post-BA experience (including graduate school), including: Extensive experience as a data science senior individual contributor, 3+ years of people management experience
• Excellent communication skills. Can explain technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
• Clinically oriented background or professional experience is a plus
Master’s degree desired, PHD a plus.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
The newly formed Clinical Products data science team helps supercharge clinical programs to improve member health and lower costs. Given our size, scope, and deep set of capacities, we have an unparalleled platform to make a difference in healthcare in the US and beyond.
The Clinical Products team has three main goals. First, launching a series of clinical programs that use the resources of the combined merged programmes and our team delivers the advanced analytics to support those initiatives. Second, the team develops data-driven clinical recommendations that are delivered to members, their providers, and their caregivers. Finally, we build condition-specific models that help other parts of the company (e.g. pricing) better predict member care journeys.