Our client applies Internet scale technology to the challenges facing enterprise businesses. Due to rapid growth, they are currently seeking Director of Data Science.
The Director of Data Science will lead efforts to solve challenging customer problems through in-depth data and predictive analytics techniques. The Director will build, lead and mentor a global Data Science team, with team members in the US and India, and will be responsible for identifying and leading initiatives that will help better understand customer issues and drive better decision making through various data and statistical modeling techniques.
You will bridge both the customer-facing side of the business and the product side - working directly with customers to understand their supply chain-related challenges and designing DS solutions to solve them, while also embedding Data Science algorithms into their platform.
This role is an ideal opportunity for someone who enjoys being hands-on with the product, while also interfacing with some of the largest, most complex enterprise businesses in the world.
The Director will directly report to, and work closely with, the CTO, as well as collaborate with the business and engineering leaders. This is a hands-on leadership position, solving difficult data problems and then productizing those solutions.
- PhD or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Operations Research, Applied Statistics, Data Mining and/or related quantitative engineering field (Ph. D. preferred).
- 8-10 years of experience in Data Science, including building and leading a team, solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches. Focus on Machine Learning or Deep Learning.
- Experience working with customers and solving real-world customer challenges.
- Expertise and experience in enterprise systems, including Supply Chain, Operations, Manufacturing, etc.
- Experience delivering world-class data science practices that leverage complex data.
- Strong experience with optimization.
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, MapReduce, Mahout, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Hands-on experience using business intelligence and statistical analysis tools such as SQL, SAS, R, SPSS, etc.
If you share our passion for building the next generation of enterprise software and implementing it for the most sophisticated customers in the world, you’ve met your match.
Base salary ranges from $250,000-$300,000