Our Client is a leading app that helps you get access to convenient, same-day and next-day healthcare. On their platform, you can easily find a nearby care provider, schedule a visit and avoid a long wait. The app is powered by a network of doctors and clinics who run on our Client's software to deliver a modern patient experience for both in-person office visits and virtual visits online. This provider software makes running an on-demand healthcare practice easy–and keeps patients happy. More than 14 million visits and 1 million COVID tests have been booked through their Platform.
They're looking for an energetic design leader who's excited about leading a growing team, but also happy to role up their sleeves and help with execution. You’ll be charged with forming our design culture and vision, mentor and grow the team, and ultimately be responsible for building a product experience that makes healthcare simple, friendly, and transparent.
You can expect to:
- Lead overall design of products that improve the healthcare experience for people and for healthcare providers.
- Hire, mentor, and grow the careers of our designers, and build a strong team culture.
- Push the boundaries of your team’s UX/UI/visual execution and explore new ideas.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to define product strategy, vision, roadmaps, and resource allocation
- Represent your team effectively, substantiate the work and the decisions behind them, and be an advocate for user-centered design
- Shape and evolve the overall design culture, vision, principles, and process
- Be a player/coach initially - individually lead strategic projects as a designer
You’d be great in this role if you:
- Have 8+ years in product design and 2+ years of experience leading a team of designers
- Solid track record of successful product launches in a consumer web company
- Proven ability to build effective cross-functional partnerships across product, engineering, marketing, sales
- Strong initiative, comfort with ambiguity, and ability to drive a solid and transparent design process
- Outstanding communication and evangelization skills
- Thrive in a fast-changing work environment
- Ideally, you have experience working on marketplace (2-sided) products
- Ideally, you have experience working in the healthcare industry with understanding of the ecosystem across consumers, providers, payers, employers.