Our client is creating a technology-driven investment and trading platform for a brand new asset class - a $9 trillion global farmland market, previously only accessible to the largest institutional investors. This is a unique opportunity to join at the very beginning of this exciting journey and help grow a truly innovative financial product while also having an active role in battling climate change and creating food systems of the future.
The founding and executive teams have decades of institutional experience in ag, farmland, and food investing, having previously deployed over $1B into this asset class. We also have deep financial and tech expertise that allows us to build investment products for the future. We’ve raised several million dollars in VC and angel funding to date, have thousands of investors on our platform, and have deployed millions of dollars into farmland deals across the United States.
Our backers include Blue Seed Collective, Franklin Templeton ($1.5T global asset manager), Richie Prager (a former key executive at BlackRock, the largest asset manager in the world), founders of Grammarly, founder of Pillpack, former CEO of Fonterra (largest dairy exporter in the world) and many other prominent financial, agricultural and tech professionals.
Our vision is to provide all investors with access to farmland investments, and farmers and farmland owners with access to flexible and creative capital.
We are looking for a VP of Engineering (US-based, ideally Bay Area) with a passion for building teams and delivering market-leading products. You will be a core member of the executive team and report directly to the CEO. You will lead an engineering team around the globe.
• Recruit world-class engineering team
• Provide technical leadership for best practices across the technology stack, Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Security
• Implement systems and processes that drive efficiency and quality
• Deliver product releases that meet requirements, at-quality, on-time, and on-budget
• Build a culture of speed, innovation, collaboration, and ownership
• 3 - 7 years experience leading engineering teams
• Success managing teams in rapid product development, including remote and offshore teams
• Ability to attract, hire, and inspire world-class engineers worldwide
• Demonstrated success building culture of innovation, ownership, and accountability
• Hands-on experience with our tech stack: AWS, Java, Spring Framework and container-based applications
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, or Engineering
• Demonstrated success working with customers and engaging with clients and partners as the platform’s technical steward
• Experience with Financial, Investment or Crowdfunding services
• Experience and wide-ranged technological knowledge Data Science, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Security in a PCI/SOCII compliant environment
• Experience leading engineering at a product company
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org