Who we are
It is an intelligent calendar system that frees up your time so you can work on what matters. We want to help people escape the chaos of work and find their focus. As the world's first company powering time, the company creates, detects, protects and negotiates Focus Time to help individuals and teams anywhere in the world be more productive at work.
They are looking for a highly technical, hands-on, and mission-driven Director of Engineering to lead our team to the next level. Our engineering leaders must be technical and able to deeply understand the systems they’re responsible for, comfortable with distilling ambiguity, and possess a keen eye for detail. Most importantly, you should be enthusiastic to work with a variety of backgrounds, roles, and needs.
This role combines strategic and hands-on elements. You'll work cross-functionally, collaborating with Design, Engineering, Talent, Marketing, and Business Operations to build an industry-defining software product.
They are headquartered in San Francisco, CA. We're proud to have the backing of Bain, Accel, and Greylock Partners. Our team has decades of experience from places like Twitter, Asana, Salesforce, Atlassian, Dropbox, Palantir and Google.
What you'll do
- Build an exceptional team of engineers by hiring and coaching with the huge impact of delivering the core experience.
- Empower the team to achieve a high level of technical productivity, reliability, quality, and simplicity.
- Drive projects and initiatives across the entire engineering organization.
- Work with the team to design and architect new systems, products, and features.
- Uphold our high engineering standards and bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, and processes.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, support and operations.
- Work with the founders to shape engineering culture, standards and processes.
- You have 7+ years of experience in software engineering at top-tier software companies, including as a senior leader managing software teams.
- You still look forward to coding opportunities (or reviewing code) even if those opportunities might not often present themselves.
- You have a track record building and leading successful engineering teams, including mentoring other engineering managers.
- Experience recruiting extraordinary people from different backgrounds.
- You have an eye for great products, and can work effectively with engineers, product managers, and designers to build them.
- You care for designing systems and building things correctly from day one, without cutting corners.
- You have pride in working on projects to drive them to completion, involving a wide variety of technologies, systems, and cross-functional partners.
- You hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems.
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, filled with a diverse group of people with different expertise and backgrounds
Java, Rust, Postgres, Redis, Kubernetes, AWS, Node, Typescript, Relay, GraphQL, and more
They currently working remotely in accordance with San Francisco’s “Stay Home” ordinance.
They are accelerating the comfort & normalcy of remote work for our users as well as our employees. We’ve designed a remote work experience that exemplifies our values-driven culture and velocity by modifying our weekly rituals and adopting new technologies.
The HQ is in the South of Market neighborhood of San Francisco; 3 minutes from CalTrain & 10 minutes from BART.
What we offer (non-exhaustive)
- Competitive total compensation package with generous equity
- Premium medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan
- Commuter & wellness stipend
- Daily team lunches, kitchen stocked with snacks
- Company happy hours, social events, and outings