Our client is a fast-growing startup who are based in the Washington DC area who have recent funding are seeking a Director of Engineering. Note, this role will require travel 20% of the time!
The role of Director of Software Engineering will be a hands on. You will help to lead a young and growing engineering team in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Driving software architecture and design of analytics software products and features
- Collaborating closely with the product team to define, plan, and prioritize a product roadmap
- Managing all software engineering schedules and resource allocation
- Designing for scalability, resiliency, extensibility, usability, consistency, and security
- Driving innovation and manage complex technical projects
- Mentoring the teams to deliver high quality, maintainable code
- Hiring and develop top talent
- Bachelor’s/ Master's or higher degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 8+ years in software development using Java, Scala or equivalent development languages
- Extensive and applicable experience as a hands-on architect and/or senior-level programmer
- Experience working with architecture and design patterns on software products
- Experience with Apache Spark, Scala, Akka and Hadoop ecosystem components like Oozie, Kafka
- Experience with data science technologies such as Spark ML, Python or R.
- Experience with building and consuming REST-based web services
- 3+ years of experience managing team of engineers
Our client are offering a $150,000-$180,000 competitive compensation package (depending on experience). They also offer full Health Benefits, Vision, Dental, Vacation, continual career & compensation growth, stock options and many other perks.