Our client is a fast-growing startup who are based in the Washington DC area who have recent funding are seeking a Director of Engineering. Note, this role will require travel 20% of the time!
Our client are building powerful Machine learning algorithms that help to automate discovery of meaningful insights in vast amounts of data across multiple sources and provides business users with intelligent suggestions/recommendations who are rapidly growing.
The role of Director of Software Engineering will be a hands on. You will help to lead a young and growing engineering team in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Driving software architecture and design of analytics software products and features
- Collaborating closely with the product team to define, plan, and prioritize a product roadmap
- Managing all software engineering schedules and resource allocation
- Designing for scalability, resiliency, extensibility, usability, consistency, and security
- Driving innovation and manage complex technical projects
- Mentoring the teams to deliver high quality, maintainable code
- Hiring and develop top talent
- Bachelor’s/ Master's or higher degree in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 8+ years in software development using Java, Scala or equivalent development languages
- Extensive and applicable experience as a hands-on architect and/or senior-level programmer
- Experience working with architecture and design patterns on software products
- Experience with Apache Spark, Scala, Akka and Hadoop ecosystem components like Oozie, Kafka
- Experience with data science technologies such as Spark ML, Python or R.
- Experience with building and consuming REST-based web services
- 3+ years of experience managing team of engineers
Our client are offering a $150,000-$180,000 competitive compensation package (depending on experience). They also offer full Health Benefits, Vision, Dental, Vacation, continual career & compensation growth, stock options and many other perks.