Director of Engineering | Social Networking Startup NY!
Our client is on a mission to make companies more open and connected. Their platform connects professionals with colleagues in their industry to have candid and relevant workplace conversations, with many users describing the platform as a “Twitter meets LinkedIn”. They’ve focused on proving their incredible engagement stats, and they’re just getting started on scaling the platform to the rest of the professional world.
As the Director of Engineering you will oversee the day to day technical operations of the engineering team and spend time contributing to the code. You will lead their technical team to ship their web application as well as the mobile platform on iOS and Android, enabling millions of professionals to connect and chat with others in their industry and company.
The platform’s roadmap will be driven by your close collaboration with product oriented founders who have experience scaling organizations and a history of successful exits. This role has direct oversight over a team of high performing and dedicated engineers who are engaged and excited about building and scaling a social network in use by millions of professionals.
- Lead and collaborate with a diverse set of engineers tasked with development covering a wide range of product, infrastructure, and ops/service engineering efforts
- Collaborate and communicate with product oriented founders to execute against a broad set of goals, and guide the technological foundation upon which their next generation of products will be built
- Architect and collaboratively develop with a team of engineers infrastructure that supports unique user identity and privacy dynamics
- Spearhead development to enable real-time content personalization in user feeds on a scale that can support millions of active users
- Manage performance, career growth, and development for your direct reports within a hands-on, team environment
- Help steer company-wide technology decisions and articulate these decisions to key product and business stakeholders
- B.S. in computer science, statistics, mathematics or similar technical degree
- 5-8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of experience in leading and managing high-performing engineering teams
- Strong experience architecting with MongoDB and other NoSQL database management systems
- Strong experience with data structures including embedded key-value stores like RocksDB and in-memory data structure stores like Redis
- Strong experience with traditional web service stacks, Node.Js, and MongoDB as well as experience working alongside mobile teams
- Strong competency in algorithm design
- Ownership. This is the first Director of Engineering position. You establish the standard for what success looks like in this role.
- Join a Series-A stage company, backed and advised by world-class investors behind startup unicorns like Slack and Snapchat.
- Competitive Salary, along with Competitive Equity (Stock Option) Plans.
- Full Healthcare Coverage
- $500 contribution to classes or self-improvement.