Our client, a code search startup for developers, which has recently secured its $50 million Series C to continue to fuel its recent strong growth is looking for a Director of Product.
The Company, founded in 2013 (in San Francisco) brings together the various strands that make up modern developer operations (DevOps) teams, spanning repositories, programming languages, file formats, editors, and more.
The Product enables developers to beteter understand how to use a particular function or service, what impact changing a piece of code will have on other dependencies, or where the correct library is for a particular task.
The Team Currently the engineering team is 35 people with a Product Team of 6. There is strong growth in the Product team to better partner with the Engineering team and fuel strong product growth.
The Role and its Responsibilities
Our client is looking for Product Managers in both their Platform (focused on application, developer productivity and production infrastructure) team and their search team (Search experience at Scale. Both focuses on being able to scale product, build and grow a team.
- You will lead and support the work of product managers on multiple engineering teams.
- You will source, recruit, and hire a diverse group of excellent Product Managers that contribute to Sourcegraph’s success.
- You will work collaboratively with Directors of Engineering who manage the Engineering managers for the same teams.
- You will ensure that we have clearly documented goals that are aligned with company goals, supported by metrics, and incremental enough for the team to make and communicate measurable progress each week.
- You will think strategically about the product, and empower our team’s to make decisions that support the vision of the Company.
- You are passionate about our mission, and know that the growth of our product team will determine our ability to execute on solving those problems.
- You will model, teach, and apply our values in everyday interactions.
- You will facilitate and sustain a healthy, inclusive team culture where everyone is set up to do their best work
- You have managed a team of Product Managers, and building a team
- You have hands on product management experience yourself
- You have designed and implemented hiring processes for product managers
- Startup experience preferred
- Remote experience is good, as they are all remote