Intelletec are seeking a Director of Software Engineering to join a leading technology company in the South Bay Area.
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be responsible for developing complex systems and application level software. Software Engineering includes responsibility for firmware, platform and application development areas. This role reports to the Senior Vice President of Engineering and Product
- You will be responsible for driving software development in alignment with program objectives.
- You will help to understand and integrate multiple R&D disciplines to create comprehensive software solutions.
- You will drive the organization to meet development timelines while also meeting reliability and quality commitments.
- You will work closely with hardware engineering, product management and external vendors to coordinate development of breakthrough products. This includes collaborating with vendors and technical partners.
- Coach and mentor team members across multiple, diverse projects on performance and development needs.
- You will help to demonstrated excellent people and project management skills
- You must have lead a team of engineers who have created Firmware & Software apps for a consumer electronics device.
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- Proven leader in developing and launching of complex software programs
- Proven track record of on-time delivery of complex software systems to market
- Proven leadership experience in managing internal and external stakeholders
- Expertise in establishing the technology strategic plan, and driving staff to excellence in product development
- Engineering degree required; Advanced education is preferred
- Experience in imaging is a plus
- Ability to travel internationally and domestically approximately 15% of the time
Note that base salary is paying up to the $170,000k range.